The stories have been carefully selected and are suited to be narrated during the children's story time in church.
Sermon Collections Seminars
Under this section you will find a sermon collection on Marriage, Family and Home, excerpted from our annual Planbooks. Each sermon includes a theme, theme text, presentation notes, sermon illumination and references.
The seminars are divided into three categories: Marriage, Parenting and Family. They enclose handouts, group discussions, activity sheets, presentation helps and illustrations.
For Great Resources on a Family Ministry go to: http://www.adventistfamilyministries.org/world/index.htm
ADDITIONAL FAMILY RESOURCES
PlusLine is committed to providing live ministry support to active Seventh-day Adventist church members, pastors and church leaders throughout the North American Division. As the official helpdesk for general church and ministry information, PlusLine's duties include the collection and transmission of information related to functions that are nurture and outreach related.
An electronic global registry of Adventists who hold the minimum of a master's degree or its equivalent (5 years of post-secondary studies) in any field. APN assists participating institutions and agencies in locating consultants with expertise, volunteers for short mission assignments, and candidates for position in teaching, administration, and research. Enter your professional information directly in the APN web site: http://apn.adventist.org .
- The Dougy Center - The National Center for Grieving Children and Families
The mission of The Dougy Center is to provide to families loving support in a safe place where children, teens, and their families who are grieving a death can share their experience as they move through their healing process. Through our National Center for Grieving Children and Families, we also provide support and training locally, nationally and internationally to individuals and organizations seeking to assist children and teens in grief.
- Faith Trust Institute
The Faith Trust Institute is an interreligious educational resource addressing issues of sexual and domestic violence. Their goal is to engage religious leaders on the task of ending abuse, their emphasis is on education and prevention.
- Institute for Prevention of Addictions
The Institute for Prevention of Addictions, established in1984 as the Institute of Alcoholism and Drug Dependency, is housed at Andrews University. The purpose of the Institute is to combat various forms of addiction.
- KidsPeace: The National Center for Kids Overcoming Crisis
KidsPeace gives kids and their families peace through the nation's most comprehensive range of mental and behavioral health treatment programs, crisis intervention services and public education initiatives. KidsPeace, a private, not-for-profit organization, helps families help kids anticipate and avoid crisis whenever possible.
- NAD Family Ministries
The mission of NAD Family Ministries is to develop resources, coordinate and promote training events, and provide networking opportunities for those who work on behalf of families within their division.
- The National Marriage Encounter
The mission of National Marriage Encounter is to promote and encourage marriage and family life by offering Marriage Encounter weekends and a support community. National Marriage Encounter enables people to discover God's vision of marriage and family life and spiritual diversity.
- The National Marriage Project
The mission of the National Marriage Project is to strengthen the institution of marriage by providing research and analysis that informs public policy, educates the American public, and focuses attention on a problem of enormous scope and consequence.
- Prevention and Relationship Enhancement Program
PREP is one of the most comprehensive and well respected programs for couples in the world. It is a research-based, skills building curriculum designed to help partners get to the heart of problems and connect with each other instead of pushing each other away. PREP emphasizes strategies geared toward lowering risk factors and strategies for raising protective factors to help marriages succeed. It is designed for premarital or marital couples.
- Smart Marriages
The Coalition for Marriage, Family and Couples Education.
- General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
The official website of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Euro-Africa Division
- Inter-American Division
- North American Division
- Northern Asia-Pacific Division
- South Pacific Division
- Southern Asia-Pacific Division
- Trans-European Division
- Family Ministries Department
- Review and Herald Publishing Association
Review and Herald Publishing Association develops, produces, and distributes books, periodicals, electronic media, and other products that will introduce people to Jesus and affirm the Seventh-day Adventist faith.
- Pacific Press Publishing Assication
- Pacific Press publishes books and periodicals with Christian themes. They produce a full line of materials for children and adults, including many books dealing with biblical and inspirational topics. Books for Christian women are one of their specialties. Another is publishing books and magazines in foreign languages, including Spanish, French, Afrikaans, and even Samoan.
- Adventistbookcenter.com - An online bookstore representing the large chain of ABC Stores. For the first time, online customers can place a secure order and benefit from direct shipment from the nearest participating ABC distribution center, saving time and shipping costs.