The mission of the Children’s Ministries Department is to nurture children into a loving, serving relationship with Jesus.
We seek to fulfill our mission through the following programs and ministries:
Sabbath School Classes - every Sabbath 9:30am: (Cradleroll, Kindergarten, & Primary)
Children's Choir - meets and practices at end of Sabbath School Classes - performs once a month
Adventurer Club - ages 3-9 - a kids club with honors, craft and character development cirriculums
Pathfinders Club - ages 9-16 - a junior club with honors, craft and character development cirriculums
Vacation Bible School (VBS) - In the Summer (July)
1. Grace-oriented ministries, in which all children will experience the unconditional love of Jesus, find assurance of acceptance and forgiveness, and make a commitment to Him and develop their faith.
2. Inclusive ministries, in which the volunteers who minister and the children to whom they minister will be valued and involved regardless of race, color, language, gender, age, abilities, or socio-economic circumstances;
3. Leadership ministries, in which volunteers are empowered, trained, and equipped for effective ministry to children;
4. Service-oriented ministries, in which children are given opportunities for hands-on service to people in their neighborhood or city, which could establish a pattern of outreach to others that may well continue through life;
5. Cooperative ministries, which involve working in partnership with other ministries, such as family ministries, Sabbath School, and stewardship, to support and help parents develop the faith of their children.
6. Safe ministries, whereby our churches adopt safeguards to protect children from physical, emotional, and spiritual abuse; to choose volunteers with high spiritual and moral backgrounds; and to minimize the church’s liability; and,
7. Evangelistic ministries, in which children who are not enfolded in the church family will be introduced to the love of Jesus through outreach-programs such as: Vacation Bible Schools, children’s branch Sabbath Schools, Neighborhood Bible Clubs, and Story Hours.